I’ve been learning about memes but have never participated before. I saw that Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee had created a Random Dozen meme that looked like a great place to try it out. And what a great blog, too. I’m a new follower. Thanks, Barbara!
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
* Bananas, my husband is a banana freak
* Diet Pepsi, I am a Diet Pepsi freak
2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?
pants that fall off their rear ends, tongue piercings
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about?
the taste of cola and the smell of lilacs; oh, man, the smell of lilacs can make me cry!
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Get to know the “community” out there! Comment and care. It’s really fun!
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
When I was a child I wanted to be named Crissy. But despite the sweet and flavor questions and jokes over my lifetime, my name ‘Candy’ has grown on me. A little silly-sounding now that I’m older but mine nonetheless.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
To steal Barbara’s comment … grandpeoples! But I’m also waiting to retire in a couple of years so I can be more available for my speaking ministry and the grandpeoples.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Creative Memories, with all kinds of ways to celebrate memories! I am very sentimental.
10. Today–what song represents you?
Take this job and shove it,
I’m not workin’ here no more.
(a little crass but I had a long day at work today)
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
I am a reasonably good writer and people want to read the things that have been rolling around in my head. Who knew?! It’s helping me through the fear of getting out there.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today?
They were the next clean things in the professional category. When I dress more professionally I feel a a little stronger.
Let Linda know if you choose to participate in her fun meme!