I saw these great questions about Christmas on my friend, Sheila’s blog. It’s fun to share these things! Would love to hear how you do Christmas!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Maybe egg nog once … I prefer coffee
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
wrap, of course
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White and pre-lit on the beautiful artificial tree; no stress
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
no, but I should
5. When do you put your decorations up?
first weekend of December; I like to enjoy Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
turkey & potatoes & gravy, then pumpkin pie
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
at our grandma’s house in northern Idaho … sledding, snow angels, snowflakes on my tongue, family in every square inch of the house
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
never really did believe in Santa
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Growing up we opened all gifs on Christmas Eve; but did it on Christmas morning with our own children. Sometimes when t hey couldn’t stand it, we let them open a gift on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
this year … burgundy and gold balls, gold garland and always the four original ornaments for our wedding, the two kids and our very first Christmas ornament we received as a gift.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love snow … so peaceful and pure, but but don’t wish to drive in it on long trips
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
being with family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
a new tradition that has developed since our kids have grown up and started coming “home” to our house for Christmas is everyone putting our Christmas cards to each other on the tree when they arrive. We take the time to read them all before opening gifts.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas and Joy to the World
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
21. Favorite Christmas Show?